Invitation letters can be used for a variety of events such as weddings, graduation ceremonies, annual dinners, anniversary parties and birthday parties. They could also be used to invite guest speakers, keynote speakers and workshop facilitators to special meetings and events.
Content of an Invitation Letter
An invitation letter usually contains some information about the host, the date and time of the event, the venue of the event and how to accept the invitation. Invitations are usually sent many days in advance of the event, to give the invitees an opportunity to respond to the invitation.
Types of Invitation Letters
Invitation letters can be divided into two broad groups. Invitation Letters for Visa and Invitation Letter to events. Invitation letters to events can also be divided into two groups – Invitation letters to individuals for a special role in an event and Invitation to individuals to attend an event.
An invitation letter for visa is a letter written to a guest who resides in one country to invite a guest to visit them to in another country. The format for this kind of invitation letter is different from the invitation letter for social events. If you need to invite a friend from another country to attend your social event, you would need to format the invitation letter in such a way that they can use it for visa application.
These two types of invitation letters can further be divided into personal invitation letters and business invitation letters. A personal invitation letter is written by an individual while a business invitation letter is written by a business.
Before you start writing your invitation letter
How to use this site.
This website contains different types of invitation letters. We continue to write new letters from time to time. Whenever we get a request for a sample invitation letter that is not on our site, we try to write one as soon as we can. It may take us a few weeks to get to your request, but we will eventually get to it.
It is possible that your deadline would have passed before we put up your request. This is because we do this on a voluntary basis. We appreciate you our readers. Do not hesitate to make your requests. Even when we don’t post it before your deadline, other readers will appreciate it.
Our aim is to inspire you to write your invitation letter better and faster. We have discovered that when a sample is present, it becomes much easier to write your own.
You can take an invitation letter that is similar to your situation and modify it to suit your purpose.
Invitation Letters you will find on our site
We have a few categories of invitation letter on this site. Some are categorized by events, others are categorized by the special individuals that are being invited and others are general articles that can help our readers.
Sample Invitation Letters
Here are some invitation letters written for various events and addressed to a variety of people.
- Sample Invitation letter inviting a church to a Worship Event
- Invitation Letter to a Guest Musician
- Invitation to the Fire Department to be present at a community event
- Letter of invitation (email) for your child’s birthday party
- Letter Inviting a Politician as a Guest Speaker
- Sample Retirement Party Invitation Letter
- Sample Invitation Letter to the Mayor or any government official
- Sample Invitation email to events
- Church Anniversary Invitation Letter
- Graduation Invitation Letter
- Family Reunion Invitation Letter
- Company Party Invitation Letter
- Housewarming Invitation Letter with Samples
- Job Fair Invitation Letter to Employers
- Sample Invitation Letter for Inauguration Ceremony
- Invitation Letter to Media for Coverage of an Event
- Grand Opening Invitation Letter with samples
Invitation Letters and responses related to interview
When you want to invite someone to a job interview, you may need to send them an email or a letter. Here is a list of different letters and responses that will be useful. If you are the manager hiring or you are the one looking for a new job, these letters can inspire you as you write yours.
- Interview Invitation Email With Sample
- Interview Confirmation email with samples
- Interview Decline Email – Samples and Tips
- Phone Interview Confirmation Email
Other Invitation Emails in the office
- Meeting Request Email – How to Write One (With Samples)
- Business Event Invitation – With Samples
Other letters related to Invitation Letters
- Sample Email after Invitation is accepted
- Sample Retirement letter
- Farewell Letter to Colleagues When Leaving Place of Employment
- Email Invitation Templates
- EMAIL ENDINGS: HOW TO END YOUR EMAIL WITH EXAMPLES.
What is an invitation letter? What are your thoughts? Please leave your comments below.