An Invitation Letter is a document that presents a formal request for the presence of an individual, a group of people or an organization at an event. An invitation letter may be formal or informal. It could be printed on paper or sent via email.
Invitation letters can be used for a variety of events such as weddings, graduation ceremonies, annual dinners, anniversary parties and birthday parties. They could also be used to invite guest speakers, keynote speakers and workshop facilitators to special meetings and events.
Content of an Invitation Letter
An invitation letter usually contains some information about the host, the date and time of the event, the venue of the event and how to accept the invitation. Invitations are usually sent many days in advance of the event, to give the invitees an opportunity to respond to the invitation.
Types of Invitation Letters
Invitation letters can be divided into two broad groups. Invitation Letters for Visa and Invitation Letter to events. Invitation letters to events can also be divided into two groups – Invitation letters to individuals for a special role in an event and Invitation to individuals to attend an event.
An invitation letter for visa is a letter written to a guest who resides in one country to invite a guest to visit them to in another country. The format for this kind of invitation letter is different from the invitation letter for social events. If you need to invite a friend from another country to attend your social event, you would need to format the invitation letter in such a way that they can use it for visa application.
These two types of invitation letters can further be divided into personal invitation letters and business invitation letters. A personal invitation letter is written by an individual while a business invitation letter is written by a business.
Sample Invitation Letters
Here are some invitation letters written for various events and addressed to a variety of people.
- Sample Invitation letter inviting a church to a Worship Event
- Invitation Letter to a Guest Musician
- Invitation to the Fire Department to be present at a community event
- Letter of invitation (email) for your child’s birthday party
- Letter Inviting a Politician as a Guest Speaker
- Sample Retirement Party Invitation Letter
- Sample Invitation Letter to the Mayor or any government official
- Sample Invitation email to events
- Church Anniversary Invitation letter
- Graduation Invitation Letter
- Family Reunion Invitation Letter
- Company Party Invitation Letter
Other letters related to Invitation Letters
What is an invitation letter? What are your thoughts? Please leave your comments below.